MAX_CONNECTIONS in conn.c

Chee-Siong, Lee cslee at cs.nchu.edu.tw
Tue Jun 26 13:42:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

   I found the following define and comment in smbd/conn.c of samba-2.0.9 and samba-2.2.0. Is it mean that the
smbd can accept more than MAX_CONNECTIONS different clients's connection?
   The comment indicate that "any one machine can't connect to more than  MAX_CONNECTIONS services". But I am
success using a linux box and smbmount the samba's share from same machine and username/password. Is this comment
out of date or something wrong??

/* set these to define the limits of the server. NOTE These are on a
   per-client basis. Thus any one machine can't connect to more than
   MAX_CONNECTIONS services, but any number of machines may connect at
   one time. */
#define MAX_CONNECTIONS 128

--------
 Best regards,