User List: BUG with win98

Tim Potter tpot at valinux.com
Tue Jun 26 13:07:38 GMT 2001

Dmitry Melekhov writes:

> > Hello!
> >
> > As I wrote before I can't get user list from samba 2.2
> > on win98. Win98 says that "Try later"
>
> btw, I increase number of users in smbpasswd with step 10.
> After 70 users win98 return list of users, but many of them are incorrect
> and looks like A| or X|. Is it samba bug? I read log, but understand
> nothing :(

There is a bug in Samba HEAD which prevents it from sending large
DCE/RPC pdus.  Basically the first part of the reply sits in a
SMBtrans and the remaining parts in SMBwrite packets.  Samba is
currently unable to do the SMBwrite bit.  So when you go above a
certain number of users it increases the pdu size until the bug
is triggered.

Tim.