joining resource domain, trust account for master domain need ed (fwd)

DICKENS,CARY (HP-Loveland,ex2) cary_dickens2 at hp.com
Mon Jun 25 17:48:04 GMT 2001

Mike,

We are having the same issue.  If you determine a work around, please let me
know.  We had this working with the version (cvs from 25MAY2001) prior to
big files (>2Gb) capability being added.  Since then, nothing we have done
has allowed us to have access like we need.

Samba 2.2 is awesome and I know the team is working their butts off.  This
is the only part that is causing me grief and I want to help, unfortunately
I don't understand the communication path in a domain well enough to allow
me to solve this myself.  The call that is failing is line 946 in reply.c.

  if (!guest && !check_server_security(orig_user, domain, user,
         smb_apasswd, smb_apasslen, smb_ntpasswd, smb_ntpasslen) &&
      !check_domain_security(orig_user, domain, user, smb_apasswd,
         smb_apasslen, smb_ntpasswd, smb_ntpasslen) &&
      !check_hosts_equiv(user))

I think that check_domain_security should be returning true, but it goes
into password.c and ends up with the error message you identified and
returns false.

I don't know what Samba is looking for from the PDC.  I thought that if you
were in the trusted domain, you were welcome.  Any information on this would
be welcome.

I am going to go back to one of the versions that had multi-mastered domains
working and see if I can identify where the communication paths diverge.  It
may be a shot in the dark, but at least its a shot.  :)

Cary