user list

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Mon Jun 25 18:08:20 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Mayers, Philip J <p.mayers at ic.ac.uk>
To: 'Dmitry Melekhov' <dm at belkam.com>; <samba-technical at samba.org>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 6:37 PM
Subject: RE: user list

> Because it's completely invalid to have a username in the smbpasswd file
who
> isn't in the password file (after any username mapping has taken place) -
> the architechture of Samba on Unix/Posix systems won't work without a UID
> per (mapped) user. Therefore it's an error to not have this user.

Well, samba can skip this user, isn't it?
But it stops! And all users after wrong record in smbpasswd don't
available!
btw, I don't see any problem to show this users (without mapping to *nix
system users) in list-
uids are already in smbpasswd and hope that in this case this will
work faster and, may be, fast enough to be used with win98? ;)

Wire connection and Windows reinstallation senior engineer
Dmitry Melekhov
http://www.belkam.com/~dm
2:5050/11.23 at fidonet