Roaming profile problems

Osama Abu-Aish osabmt00 at fht-esslingen.de
Sat Jun 23 20:54:11 GMT 2001

Am 23 Jun 2001, um 17:50 Uhr schrieb Arjan Oosting zum Thema Roaming profile problems:
Dazu meine Meinung:

Hi,

I've had a similar problem which was caused by unsynchronized
time between the PDC and the client. It seems that Windows
performs some time-checks to find out if the local profile is more
recent than the one on the PDC and writes only these parts of
the profile data back to the server. xntpd was my solution.

HTH, Osama

> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with roaming profiles. I'm running samba 2.2.0 as
> PDC and a Windows 2000 client. Authentication works fine, but when i log of
> my profile is only party copied to the server. The directories are al
> created but al lot of files from my profile aren't copied. The copying
> of the profile seems to go very slow, and it seems like samba stops
> responding to the client. (The client says the specified network name is no
> longer availble).
> My permissions on the directory where the profiles are saved are ok, and my
> smb.con seems to be ok also. I've tried al the combinations of parameters
> fro my profile directory i could find, but nothing seems to work.
> I hope you guys can help me, 'cause i'm getting desperate. My server is a
> linux/gnu (2.4.5) and i've tried samba 2.2.0 and the latest CVS sources. I
> can send my smb.conf and a logfile if necessary (I don't know which
> loglevel is needed).
>
> 	Greetings Arjan
>
> p.s. please reply to my emailaddress, and not only to the emaillist, 'cause
> i'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> --
> This signature has been infected by the signature virus.
> Please help me spread and copy me to your .signature
> --
> Arjan Oosting
> Student Informatica, Universiteit Utrecht
> E-mail  	: ajoostin at students.cs.uu.nl
> E-mail @home	: arjanoosting at home.nl
> Telephone       : +31384221224
> Mobile telephone: +31629148383