2.2-CVS failing on Solaris 8

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Jun 22 14:49:20 GMT 2001

Michael Collin Nielsen wrote:

> I just recompiled smbd, now using a local UFS disk for the tdb databases.
> mmap doesn't fail anymore...

	That's not unusual: I've seen mmap fails on an NFS mounted
	file for all sorts of reasons, including (a bug where)
	it failed because someone else has an advisory lock on it.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com