Bug with Samba and IIS/ASP

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Jun 22 13:46:15 GMT 2001

Rod Potter wrote, to samba-bugs:
>	 After we start IIS (or unload a virtual directory
> application), we can load an ASP page exactly once. Subsequent requests from
> a different browser or from a different machine fail and return "Access
> Denied".
>
> When we sniffed the packets we could see that Samba was sending the
> requested file -- but the chatter between Windows 2000 and Samba was
> different when one of the requests failed.  It's as if the Samba response
> causes IIS to drop the security credentials.

	Can you put the raw capture files up for ftp
	somewhere, and note aproximately where the
	differences start?  I'll see if etherial tells
	us anything illuminating.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com