2.2-CVS failing on Solaris 8

Michael Collin Nielsen michael at hum.auc.dk
Fri Jun 22 08:00:53 GMT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Andrew Tridgell wrote:
> > Arrggghhh ! Andrew did it to me again ! :-) :-).
> >
> > I fixed this a month ago and it got regressed.
>
> oops, sorry! I stuffed this up when I was cleaning up the mmap code a
> bit in tdb.
>
> Now the real question is why is the mmap failing? Micheal, was there
> something funny about the filesystem you are running the tdb on? Or is
> the machine particularly low on memory?

I don't thing it is lack of mem, as it has 2048M real and 2048M swap, and
plenty free. However it logget to a NFS partition - I'll try to move the
tdb-files to a local disk and see if that makes a difference.

-Michael

   Michael Collin Nielsen  mailto:michael at hum.auc.dk
   M.Sc.E.E.               http://www.hum.auc.dk/~michael
   Sysadm in Faculty of Humanities, Aalborg University