Slow write performance with Win 98 and Samba (fwd)

Ryan Fox rfox at noguska.com
Thu Jun 21 18:29:28 GMT 2001

I've put up a couple tcpdump logs of uploading/downloading a 59MB .tar.gz
file.
The computers involved are com-rfox, a WinME box, and willy, a linux
2.4.2-xfs, samba 2.2.0 box.  (FYI:  My samba does have the recycle bin
patches that I requested on the list a couple weeks ago.)
My setup meets 5 of the 6 posted requirements to reproduce this problem.  I
do not, however, have security=server, I have security=user.  If the logs
don't show the problem being reproduced, and setting security=server and
letting it fall back to security=user may show it, let me know, and I'll
change my config.

http://rfox.noguska.com/upload.txt
http://rfox.noguska.com/download.txt

Hope this helps someone.