Slow write performance with Win 98 and Samba (fwd)

Scott Prather sprather at austin.ibm.com
Thu Jun 21 14:18:23 GMT 2001

There is a way to work around the delayed tcp ack problem.  Send a SMBkeepalive packet to the client whenever there is a short write to the server.  It is not a pretty fix, but it makes Windows happy and solves this problem (this assumes you cannot turn off delayed ack on the OS).

--
Scott Prather
MCSE, MCP+I
sprather at austin.ibm.com