FWD: Some compilation warnings

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Thu Jun 21 13:13:54 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:28:03AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > hiya jerry, good to hear from you.
>
> :-)  You doing ok?

yeh, got some projects that keep me interested.
doesn't stop me being disappointed and still
keeping me awake at night, sometimes, about samba.

as a suggestion, if you want to discuss things
on the tng lists, you're more than welcome.
just please try not to mention andrew or jeremy's
names until i receive an apology from them, it'll
just set me off.

> > so, basically, try decoding the user-password.  if it comes
> > out as garbage, or the length is not 516 bytes in 0x17 and
> > 0x18 info levels, and not exactly... urrr... 16 bytes
> > [each, for LM and NT] in 0x12 info level, then return a
> > Fault PDU.
>
> Again...these are valid points.  Need to look at it again
> once I get a chance.

ack.  what does the length in the 516-byte 'blob'
of the password come out at?  (the one that's passed
to SamOEMHash()?

lukes