Supported Samba on Solaris (finally :-).

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Wed Jun 20 19:06:20 GMT 2001

Since VERITAS is too shy to announce it on this list (I think
they don't want to spam people with commercials) I thought
I'd mention it for them :-).

For everyone who has wanted an officially supported Samba
on Solaris solution, supported by Sun, check out the VERITAS
whitepaper at :

http://www.veritas.com/us/article/article-061901.html

Yes, it's Samba based (currently 2.0.9). VERITAS is working
with us to add new stuff like MS-DFS and MMC support to 2.2
as well.

The reason I'm so pleased is that I've been trying to get
Sun to officially support Samba for some time now (with
the valliant attempts of Dave Collier-Brown and Don DeVitt
at Sun) and now, with this joint announcement, they've
done it !

Thanks to everyone at VERITAS and Sun who made this (finally :-)
happen ! Now people have a good business and technical
response to doubts about running Samba on Solaris.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.