Password checking for Machine Trust Account

Patrick Boettcher empmp at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 08:29:51 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have a problem: I'm working on a school and with the full power of speech
I was convincing the headmaster to use linux as server os, instead of
win2k. Because all clients are win2k I need samba 2.2.0 as PDC. Its working
well, at least I never had any problem, which wasn't solved after some
moments. But now I have one:

In our school we have a software which made it possible to clone OSes after
install on one pc to all other PC (even Win2k) or repair destroyed ws over
network, so no hardware cards are need anymore. This software is called
rembo (www.rembo.com). Now the problem is, the software is able to change
die hostname after cloning the image, to change the sid and also to rejoin
the pdc. But my pdc is samba. In the rembo forum
(http://www.rembo.com/forumcgi/agnes?Support+SupportHTML+expand357#357) one
of the programmer told me, that rembo is not possible to join samba pdc. He
also told me, that a solution would be to deactive the password checking
for the machine account. Now the question, where in the source I can find
this check, and is it easy to change (I've got some c experience) ? I also
know that the source is holy but in my situation I do not know another way.

Thanks for all advises

Patrick Boettcher