srvsvc 0x27 patch

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 19 20:49:29 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:
>> Hmmm, what has changed in the last few days?  I don't believe it has
>> anything to do with my directory patch.  When the file is opened so we
can
>> get the acl for it, we get a lock, but the lock is never released when
the
>> file is closed....can someone help me here?
>
>I just tidied this up to not open directories unless
>the file open returns EISDIR.....
>
>See if this helps ?
Nope.  Let me show you what smbstatus shows along the way...

When I choose "Properties" for a file in explorer, I get:
Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   R/W        Oplock           Name
29402  DENY_WRITE RDONLY     EXCLUSIVE+BATCH  /home/jmcd/book-en.71.pdf
Tue Jun 19 14:48:01 2001

After I choose on "Permissions", I get:
Locked files:
Pid    DenyMode   R/W        Oplock           Name
29402  DENY_DOS   RDONLY     NONE             /home/jmcd/book-en.71.pdf   Tue Jun 19 14:48:21 2001

And it never changes from that, no matter what I do.

Are the params to open_file_shared wrong?

Jim

Jim McDonough
Linux Technology Center
IBM Boulder