Problems with Samba 2.2.0 on Solaris 8 with quotas

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Jun 19 19:32:08 GMT 2001

Shirish Kalele wrote:

> Some NT4 clients might leave sparse files around without the fix. It'd be
> good if it goes into 2.2.1, but I don't think it's urgent.

	I'd earmark it as something that goes into the next
	part of the feature-development cycle, not in what
	I understand is a push toward stabilizing the current
	level of functionality.

	It, and my self-diagnosis patch, belong in the next
	development series; if you are using the linux model,
	in 2.<some odd number, like 3>.x

--dave

Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com