Dumb question re ftp/cvsweb

Tim Potter tpot at valinux.com
Mon Jun 18 23:59:55 GMT 2001

David Collier-Brown writes:

> > I have a web site set up to distribute the anon-cvs in tarballs.
>
> 	Then I guess it was not so dumb a question.
>
> 	Delevelopers, would one of you consider putting
> 	a cron script on the cvs server that creates
> 	a tar.Z file of the current day's files, as
> 	of some known time?  A good time might be
> 	early california morning, which should be
> 	rather late australia evening...

OK since this has come up a couple of times I've set up a cron
script to create a snapshot tar file of samba head and samba
2.2.  Check in ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/unpacked/tarballs for your
daily snapshot.  I've made it run at 5:05pm California time to
avoid taking the snapshot in the middle of updating the unpacked area.

Tim.