Problems with Samba 2.2.0 on Solaris 8 with quotas

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 18 17:07:55 GMT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> David Lee wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Shirish Kalele wrote:
> >
> > > [...] I know you're planning on 2.2.1 soon..
> >
> > Any idea of a release schedule for this?
> >

> The last showstopper bug (default directory ACLs dissapearing
> on Solaris) I fixed last week - so it's a case of lots of
> testing to ensure it's good, then ship asap.
>
> The more people help with the testing, the faster it'll
> ship....

Sounds good.  I'd like to help, especially as it might fix an oplock
problem biting us (dangling oplock after smbd disappears abnormally).

But any chance a just a teeny-weeny bit more info.  In particular:

1. Will there be alpha/beta releases?  I would be happy to dabble with
   these, but I cannot commit to trying any arbitrary CVS "grab".

2. Approximate timescale ("one week", "two months") for alpha/beta/full
   releases?

Thanks.