Samba and Win2k Profiles

Josh Hogle hogle at jthinccomputing.com
Wed Jun 13 11:48:09 GMT 2001

Well, I think I've found the root of all evil...Microsoft.  Go figure!
We had been running W2K SP2 on all of our machines.  I was running
it here at home as well.  Well, apparently Microsoft "fixed" some
"bugs" with SP2 which started causing this strange problem.  As soon
as we backed out to W2K SP1, this particular problem appears to have
disappeared.  I wouldn't be surprised if MS has decided to purposely
break SAMBA so that you have to use an unreliable Windows server to
store your files on.  Anyone ever heard of the song "Everybody Wants
to Rule the World"?

Josh