Problems with Samba 2.2.0 on Solaris 8 with quotas

Toni Verdu Carbo toni at silver.udg.es
Wed Jun 13 10:34:26 GMT 2001

	Hi,

	I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if this has been asked
before... Also forgive me for my poor English O:)

	I just installed samba-2.2.0-sparc-solaris-2.8.pkg on my Solaris 8
server. Everything seems to work ok, except for the quotas... I have quotas
set on all home directories. When some user gets near the quota limit, I get
files with zero size. The problem seems to appear when user has almost used
all it's available disk space, and try to copy a file of a size of almost the
remaining quota space. Windows 98 doesn't complain, the file seems to have
been copied ok, but in fact it turns to be a zero size file... Trying to
copy a file that clearly surpasses the remaining quota space gives a "full
disk" message... Any idea? I can post a real example uf needed...

	Am I the only one having these problems?? Is samba with quotas
*really* reliable or is it some "experimental" feature?

	That's all. Thanks for reading!

	Toni
--
Toni Verdu Carbo
Departament d'Electronica, Informatica i Automatica (dEIA)