One remaining (I hope) problem with srvsvc opnum x27 response...

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 11 21:09:41 GMT 2001

Ok, I'm (I think) really close to having this RPC working, but for one
piece.  The reponse has the format:

uint32 unknown;
uint32 security_descriptor+status_size ;
uint32 unknown (but different from previous);
uint32 security_descriptor+status_size ;
SEC_DESC security_descriptor;
uint32 status; (This is a guess.  Never seen anything but zeroes.)

For both size values, I've only seen the total size of the Security
Descriptor plus 4.

If I zero either of the two unknowns, the 9x client says in a "Windows NT"
(peculiar, eh?) popup: "The system detected a segment number that was not
correct."

If I put in the address of the security descriptor from within Samba, I get
different errors.  Most of the time I get a "Windows NT" pop saying "The
parameter is incorrect".  Occaisinally I get a Lanman error or NT error
number, different every time.

Any ideas on how to figure out what these unknowns are?

Jim McDonough
Linux Technology Center
IBM Boulder

Notes: Jim McDonough/Boulder/IBM @ IBMUS