w2k cannot joing samba pdc

Lanny Baron lnb at FreeBSDsystems.COM
Mon Jun 11 16:28:55 GMT 2001

Hello,
After reading through online pages in the documentation with respect to
getting a win2000 box to joing a Samba PDC, the error "The procedure number
is out of range" appears or "The remote procedure call failed" appears.

I have removed the machine$ out of smbpasswd as well as tried rm'ing out
MACHINE.SID and only leaving smbpasswd in /usr/local/samba/private. As well I
have tried rm * in /usr/local/samba/var/locks in hope that it would recreate
the files and allow the w2k box to join.

Anyone have or had this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
--
Lanny Baron