Winbind bug ?

Tim Potter tpot at valinux.com
Mon Jun 11 11:57:01 GMT 2001

Tom Horan writes:

> I think I have a bug or else I am just trying to push Winbind too far. I
> have 6 domains all trusting each other, samba is a member of one of them.
> When I start winbindd with '-d 3 -i' I can see it adding trusted domains and
> establishing connections - all looks fine.
>
> However, when I try a './wbino -u' it lists the users of the first trusted
> domain fine. The first domain has 8 users - but then it lists the following
> domains all with the same 8 users when 2 of the domains have over 1500 and
> over 300 accounts each.
>
> Is this a bug ?

I fixed a bug which could have behaviour like this in another
branch last week.  I should merge it across (or check that I
already did).  The bug was with contacting the wrong domain
controller for trusted domains so this may be what is causing
your problem.

> Oh and when I run 'getent group' - winbind core dumps.

Bummer.  OK, can you send me a stack trace of it crashing via
private email?  If you compile samba with ./configure.developer
(puts in -g and some other stuff) then run winbindd from gdb
until it crashes and send the result of the backtrace command.  A
copy of the output of winbindd at debug level = 10 would also
help.  Use the -i (for interactive mode) switch in gdb to stop
winbind forking.  I usually do this:

# gdb bin/winbindd
[stuff...]
(gdb) run -d 10 -i