readline callbacks in Samba 2.2.0

John E. Malmberg malmberg at Encompasserve.org
Fri Jun 8 12:05:49 GMT 2001

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Simo Sorce wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:20:44PM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> > On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, John E. Malmberg wrote:
> >
> > > I am unable to find any documentation on my searching of the web on
> > > these functions though.
> > >
> > > Can someone either give me a pointer on where I can look them up or
> > > send me a plain text document on them?
> >
> > I just copied what tridge had done (or was it Simo's patch?)
> > in smbclient.
> >

> Yes, it was me that reworked the readline code, but with great
>  tridge contributions.
>
> Here it is a document I found with google:
> http://wwwinfo.cern.ch/pdp/ose/asis/products/GNU.SYS/readline-4.0/readline.html
>
> (it is about readline 4.0 but we are compatible yet with the 2.2 version)

Thanks, but what I really need is the documentation for the callable
libreadline library, from a C programmer's perspective.

Much of the readline functionality is already built in to OpenVMS, and
I just need to make the library calls that look like the ones that LINUX
has.

I am also looking for information on how LINUX KERNEL OPLOCKS work from
the C programmer's perspective.  OpenVMS has equivalent cluster wide
functionality.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network

I have SAMBA 2.2.0 now compiling and linking on OpenVMS with only a few
patches to fix type mis-matches and such.