Access Denied error when Adding printers using the APW...

Paul Huff phuff at et.byu.edu
Wed Jun 6 17:12:40 GMT 2001

Hi!
I'm running 2.2.0 on HP-UX 11.0...  Everytime I add a printer share using
the Add Printer Wizard, I get an "Access Denied" box that pops up.  I find
this quite odd because my "addprinter command" script runs just fine, adds
the share's just fine, and I can even see the new share being parsed in
the logfile at Debug Level 3.... I was wondering if there are other
conditions under which the "ACCESS_DENIED" message is returned to the
client besides the share name being invalid... (That's the only condition
listed in the smb.conf(5) man page...)...
Thanks,
-Paul