large file support > 2 gig with rh 7.1

Chad Rebuck crebuck at attglobal.net
Wed Jun 6 16:12:49 GMT 2001

I installed Samba version 2.2.0-alpha3 from source, and as far as I can tell
it was compiled with large file support.  My Makefile has the following
line:

[root at concert source]# grep LARGE Makefile
CPPFLAGS=-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE

I am running redhat 7.1.  Using the samba 2.2.0 installed from rpm before I
could not even see the 2.8 gig file in the shared drive, now I can see the
file using the samba compiled from source.  However, I can't copy the file.
Permissions are ok.

I guess I could turn on some debugging and dig in, but if someone has a
suggestion that would be good too.

Thanks, Chad