File corruption again

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Jun 5 05:30:55 GMT 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:59:22AM +0200, Juergen Hasch wrote:

> Jeremy Allison schrieb:
>
> > I'd definately like to see the debug level 10 for this.
> > In the meantime, can you try applying this patch which
> > should fix the NT4.x problems.
>
> The logs for the tmpfs problem are on http://www.dg1scr.de/smbdlog.zip
> I should note, that this problem seems to depend on which program
> I use to copy the file to the Samba share. It works with command line
> copy, but it fails with a program called "file commander".
> One log is for a 65535 bytes large file (64km1), which is working.
> The other log is for a 65536 bytes large file (64k) which isn't working.
>
> Other logs will follow.

Can you send me a .cap file of this same client doing the
file commander copy to a W2K server please ? It's reading
the write length correctly, but my guess is the return length
going back is incorrect.

I may need to set one of the "reserved" reply words to show the correct
write length....

Thanks,

		Jeremy.