More: Samba panics Sco 5.0.5 Server

Joe Doran joed at interlude.eu.org
Fri Jun 1 21:34:33 GMT 2001

For those who are interested...

I have tested this in a non SCO environment and I am getting same result.
Also noted that connecting to server initially works. I can see printer
lists, I can add drivers to print$. I can send jobs to print queue. I can
even set properties, page size etc., etc. However subsequent printer
connections start to initialize and then hang. Eventually on SCO this brings
the machine down. Linux appears to be more forgiving however we have noticed
this machine slowing down.

We have also noted that servers handling NT Clients are affected. Our pure
95 networks are not affected.

This Problem ** does not ** effect machines where the client and server are
on high speed connections between subnets. It only shows when connecting
over our leased lines or slow links. This in turn causes problems for local
clients on samba.

Can anyone else verify this is a bug? Failing all else I will have to
reverse out 54 installations of samba. Not a task I am looking forward to
:-(

Thanks.
Joe.

Joe Doran wrote on Sat.