Problem with locking.tdb

Claus Svarer csvarer at nru.dk
Tue Jul 24 11:22:00 GMT 2001

Hi

I have just download'ed and compiled the new Samba release 2.2.1a at a
HP9000 system running HP-UX 11.00. The smb and nmb starts without any
problems but after running for some time we get error messages like,
running the smbstatus command:

tdb(/usr/local/samba/var/locks/locking.tdb): rec_read bad magic
0xd9fee666 at offset=5596
locked file list truncated

Restarting Samba solves the problem but it consistently returns again
when smbd has be running for some time. (Some time it is in other of the
tdb files that is reported as problematic e.g. connections.tdb)

Does anyone know about a solution for this problem, while I can see that
other people reports other problem with the new locking method using tdb
files (we previously used Samba 2.0.7 which doesn't cause this kind of
problems)?

Best regards
Claus Svarer