Compile error with cups

Juergen Hasch Hasch at t-online.de
Mon Jul 23 19:47:25 GMT 2001

Am Montag, 23. Juli 2001 20:03 schrieb Michael Sweet:
> Juergen Hasch wrote:
> > When I try to stop the printer from Windows I get the following
> > error log in /var/log/cups/error_log:
> > E [23/Jul/2001:19:39:10 +0100] ProcessIPPRequest: missing printer-uri or
> > job-uri attribute!
>
> Strange, since the printer-uri is set in the request in both the
> pause and resume queue functions...
>
> > I can't stop the printer as desired (I'm printer admin). But this
> > may be some configuration problem, I'll look into it a little deeper.
> > Also when I stop the printer via Cups, I don't see it suspended in
> > Windows.
>
> This might just be a caching issue with the current SAMBA
> implementation, or maybe your Windows display isn't refreshing?

I looked at the Samba logs and found out, the functions in
print_cups.c  never get called.
The following code in printing.c seems strange:
	/* select the appropriate printing interface... */
#ifdef HAVE_LIBCUPS
	if (strcmp(lp_printcapname(), "cups") == 0)
		current_printif = &cups_printif;
#endif /* HAVE_LIBCUPS */

For lp_printcapname() I get "/etc/printcap" instead of "cups".
After changing the parameter "printcap name" from
"/etc/printcap" to "cups" the functions in print_cups are
finally called and the windows clients can see when the printer has been
stopped.

...Juergen