Compile error with cups

Juergen Hasch Hasch at t-online.de
Mon Jul 23 17:56:20 GMT 2001

Am Montag, 23. Juli 2001 16:58 schrieb Michael Sweet:
> Juergen Hasch wrote:
> > Whe I try to compile the current 2_2 CVS version of samba with cups
> > printing I get the following copile error:
>
> OK, attached is the fix; basically, we default the username to "root",
> which will be the authenticated username if the smbd process has
> access to the root certificate (only if the logged-in user has admin
> priviledges); otherwise the name doesn't matter (but we still set it
> if some trusting admin turns authentication off...)

Thanks, now I can compile Samba and print without problems. Viewing and
cancelling jobs in windows also works,.
When I try to stop the printer from Windows I get the following error log in
/var/log/cups/error_log:
E [23/Jul/2001:19:39:10 +0100] ProcessIPPRequest: missing printer-uri or
job-uri attribute!

I can't stop the printer as desired (I'm printer admin). But this may be some
configuration problem, I'll look into it a little deeper.
Also when I stop the printer via Cups, I don't see it suspended in Windows.

...Juergen