VFS modules / MSDFS tweaking

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Jul 23 16:45:39 GMT 2001

Derek Holden wrote:

> > One problem that I anticipate as I implement this is the lack of docs on
> > writing VFS modules.  The samples are great, but how do I make use of the
> > "vfs options" share parameter from a module that I write?  I have seen no
> > reference, and a quick look at smbd/vfs*.c does not give me much of a
> clue.

	There's a tutorial at
 http://www.geocities.com/orville_torpid/papers/vfs_tutorial.html
	which I wrote for 2.0.5 or so.

	I'll be happy to update it with corrections if someone would
	be kind enough to try it out... and then submit it
	as a patch.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com