VFS modules / MSDFS tweaking

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon Jul 23 16:08:11 GMT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Michael Gerdts wrote:

> If there is no "vfs options", how can I pass extra config variables to
> VFS modules?  Or is it just assumed that VFS modules should not need
> config options?

Well....Looks like 'vfs options' exists in param/loadparm.c
but it not used anywhere in the code.  I can't think of a good
use for it.  What kind of options were you thinking about?
To me...a VFS module should not need other options.  These should be
gotten from the environment if at all.

cheers, jerry
 http://www.valinux.com/     VA Linux Systems      gcarter at valinux.com
 http://www.samba.org/          SAMBA Team             jerry at samba.org