VFS modules / MSDFS tweaking

Derek Holden dholden at draper.com
Mon Jul 23 15:15:59 GMT 2001

> One problem that I anticipate as I implement this is the lack of docs on
> writing VFS modules.  The samples are great, but how do I make use of the
> "vfs options" share parameter from a module that I write?  I have seen no
> reference, and a quick look at smbd/vfs*.c does not give me much of a
clue.

I've tried asking this question 3 times before. Right now I don't believe
it's being used.

The latest draft of the VFS docs I could find were at
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-docs/2001-June/000580.html and that
one seems
to have fixed some descrepencies in the original
http://samba.cadcamlab.org/lists/samba-docs/Aug2000/00004.html.

I still can't get the example modules to install unless they're compiled
w/ -rdynamic, and although the technical merits of libtool were discussed
thoroughly when this was brought up at
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2001-May/012760.html, it
seems to have died off.

I had a small discussion of the VFS issues I found at
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2001-June/013619.html