Samba backends

Shahms E. King shahms at shahms.com
Wed Jul 18 15:42:51 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Shahms E. King wrote:
>

>>I'm currently working on this, and trying to do something about the
>>hodge-podge of conflicting code present in it at the moment.  It's
>>still not what I'd call "robust" to put it mildly, (nor am I anything
>>like an "official" maintainer) but LDAP support is high on at least
>>some of our lists, and it sounds like is being developed, or at least
>>hacked on, by a number of individuals.  Given a few weeks, either I
>>will have it in a usuable state, or someone will.
>>

> Are you working with the passdb interface in HEAD?  I'm going to
> port this into 2.2 very soon.  This will also include a TDB
> passdb backend....

At present I am not working with that interface because it is not in 2.2
yet. (Coincidentally, I was about to begin implementing something
similar to the interface in HEAD, when I checked it out, and saw that it
was already being worked on).  But I have looked at that interface and
have been "preparing" to do a port for head.  Given that I haven't been
able to devote a lot of time to it until, well, this week, I'm still
cleaning up some of the code and trying to stick to some coherent schema
design, rather than the three or more conflicting schemas in the current
code-base.

I've already implemented a new configure option (probably temporary, not
sure) for switching between these, but since I'm not finished fully
implementing even one of them, it doesn't really DO anything yet, other
than provide me a nice place to stick the relevant non-working code . . .

--Shahms