Long share names and WinNT --- BUG since 2.2.0

James Nord teilo at cdt.luth.se
Fri Jul 13 08:33:40 GMT 2001

Hi all,

NT4.0 (3.5??)  has a bug which will will fail with > 12(?) characters if
the server/client use a non unicode charset to define the shares.

(Sorry can't find the relevent KB article but I'm sure this has been
brough up before.)

I'm am positive that this was an issue in 2.0.x as well.

Was 2.2.x supposed to return unicode to NT clients that supported it now?
I didn't see this in the release notes.

/James

--
Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.
	Douglas Adams