Long share names and WinNT

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Thu Jul 12 10:26:50 GMT 2001

Moved to samba-technical:

I confirm the problem.
Seem that windows 2000 (no service pack) is not affected.
While windows NT4 Service Pack 6 is unable to use long share names.

I got some etheral traces an some logs at level 10, but was not able
to understand why NT is not able to connect to such a share.
I see no failures or errors reported in packets, and the problem
is not the same we had with ASCII on the wire.

Jeremy, can you test this with NT4?

time for 2.2.1b ?

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org