xfs vs Samba 2.2.1

Ries van Twisk ries at franksintl.nl
Wed Jul 11 10:26:35 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm off topic here but I'll ask it anyway.
I succesfully compile and installed XFS and everything works great!.
This is on a Linux 2.4.5 kernel with the xfs 06112001 patch.
I compiled and installed acl, xfsdump & xfsprogs.
the  acl.h header file is installed in acl/acl.h

But samba expect to find it in sys/acl.h where acl from bestbits is installed.

I did try ACL from acl.bestbits.at but I had problems with group right getting
the wrong premissions so I though let's try XFS which gives me the
advantage of a journaling fs.
But samba does not compile with ACL got from
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.0/cmd_tars/

However samba does compile correctly with acl support with the tarbal from
acl.bestbits.at.

Does this mean that samba 2.2.1 does not wotk with xfs yet?

Ries