SYSTEM FILES and ARCHIVE FILES like HIDE FILES

Uli Gruber uli.2001 at gmx.de
Tue Jul 10 17:05:37 GMT 2001

Hi,

is there need for an options to assign the SYSTEM or ARCHIVE attribute to
certain files given by name (with wildcars)? Working exactely like the HIDE
FILES parameter.

This would allow the user to assign these attributes also to directories.
That's not possible with the MAP SYSTEM parameter which only works for
files. Assigning the SYSTEM attribute to directories is for example
necessary to give certain directories their own icon under Windows.

If this sounds useful, I could provide a patch which implements this
attributes. But I am not sure in which form patches should be provided. Any
hints?

Uli