questions about cli_send_smb

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Sat Jul 7 15:31:46 GMT 2001

I'm trying to understand why code to reestablish a connection is
in cli_send_smb !?

the cli_reestablish_connection(cli) function will call
  cli_establish_connection() function that in turn
   will call cli_connect(), cli_session_request(), cli_negprot(),
     cli_session_setup(),....

this will happen also before this sequence had already happened one
time voluntarily and cli structures are filled properly.

cli_send_smb is called by cli_session_request, cli_negprot, cli_session_setup
and others...

for example cli->user_name is set the first time by cli_session_setup()
but it is used in cli_establish_connection to call cli_session_setup and
this may happen before cli_session_setup has been ever called.

<disclaimer>
I'm relatively new to this part of code, so I may have overseen some
condition that prevent this kind of things, or it may also be a legal
action.
</disclaimer>

I'm just asking to understand if this behaviour is correct or not and
if it is the expected behaviour, where am I wrong?

cheers,
simo.
Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org