name mangling issue: dirs with same name (different capitalisation) hang explorer and smbd (PR#21467)

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Jul 6 01:41:17 GMT 2001

Geert Altena wrote:

> Switch to 'Foo' and then paste the directory?  Then you should have two
> conflicting dir names 'Baz' and 'baz' there.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience (at the time I wanted to report the bug the
> link to the outside world died and I had to leave in about 10 minutes...
> that what you get for doing things in a hurry)

Ok, I just tested this with the latest CVS and get an
error on both W2K SP2 and Win98 - no explorer hang.

I get identical dialog boxes and error messages when
doing this to a Samba 2.2.1 CVS server and a W2K SP2
server.

If you can't give me a reproducible case for this I'm
going to consider if fixed and go with the release.

Jeremy.