[RFC] Authentication Rewrite

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Jul 3 22:24:08 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> I really like the sound of this rewrite. It's been neccessary
> for a while :-). Keep us posted with the design decisions, but
> bear in mind that we need to keep smb.conf backwards compatibility so
> people don't get suprised by any changes.

So far I've just been rewraping existing code with sane interfaces,
adding NTLMv2 as I go, and I havn't seen a need to change the smb.conf
paramaters.  I will even still support hosts.allow and .rhosts :-).

The only thing that might change is the time we fill out some of the
macros, but I havn't particularly looked at that.

abartlet at pcug.org.au
abartlet at samba.org