LSB compatible Samba ?

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Jul 3 22:22:26 GMT 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> Issues about RPM aside, does anyone have a location on where I can
> download the source to RPM 4.x in a format that can be unpacked with
> gzip and tar?

Moving further offtopic ... ? :)

> And the nice people at RedHat only provide the source to RPM 4.x in RPM
> 4.x format, which RPM 3.x can not read.

ftp://ftp.rpm.org/pub/rpm/dist/rpm-4.0.x/

The tarballs are hidden among heaps of rpms.
You may need to get 'db3' separately.

Also, if your RH is 6.x then you can update it to handle rpm4 with the rpm
updates for RH 6.2. This rpm (on your local mirror) should be installable
on a RH 6 using rpm3 (needs some other updates too but 'rpm -Uhv' will
complain).

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/redhat/redhat/linux/updates/6.2/en/os/i386/rpm-4.0.2-6x.i386.rpm

I think you are supposed to do a 'rpm --rebuilddb' after installing it.

/Urban