WINS + browsing question

Tim Carr cygnusx__1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:56:56 GMT 2001

Basically nothing, just messed around, made sure all the M$ clients have
computer names NOT starting with a number to ensure they authenticate
properly.

However... still have some problems to work out. I have an M$ client on the
outside, somewhere on the inet, which tunnels into the DMB/LMB machine.  The
M$ machine is broadcasting to an IP which doesn't exist on the PPTP link,
and even when I create a virtual ethernet address on the same subnet that
therefore has the broadcast, samba won't pick up the machine and include it
in the browse list (it's on the same workgroup). Odd. I'm working on this.

Tim