Expected SMBtrans2 response, got command 0x2d

Jason Youngquist jyoungqu at gpi.missouri.edu
Tue Jul 3 15:12:50 GMT 2001

We are using smbtar on an Irix box to backup some of our NT 4.0 shares to
tape. Towards the end of the tape I start getting error messages similar
to "ERRDOS - ERRbadfile".  I did some searching but couldn't find
much to go on.  We are using Samba version 1.9.16p11.  Below is a log
with the errors we are getting.

Thanks,
Jason Youngquist
jyoungqu at gpi.missouri.edu

Expected SMBtrans2 response, got command 0x2d
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\IRE BOOKSTORE.doc
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\IREbook6.pdf
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\lastmanstanding.jpg
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\LennFBIcoverB&W.tif
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\LennoncoverB&W.tif
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\LennonFBIcover.tif
Expected SMBtrans2 response, got command 0x2d
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\mollie'sjob.jpg
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\newjack.jpg
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\ourlastbestshot.jpg
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\Russia pp1-4.pdf
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\Russia pp5-8.pdf
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\Russia pp9-12.pdf
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\Russia ppx13-16.pdf
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\thebookofhonor.jpg
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\thegreatamericantaxdodge.jpg
ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) opening remote file \jire2sys\Census Workshops\VIDEO TAPES.doc
Expected SMBtrans2 response, got command 0x2d
getting file \jire2sys\checkout.doc of size 28672 bytes as a tar file checkout.docError ERRDOS - ERRbadfid (Invalid file handle.) reading remote file