All known 2.2.1 showstoppers fixed..

Michael Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at usa.alcatel.com
Tue Jul 3 12:13:36 GMT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 06:32:55PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> So I think that all the showstoppers for the 2.2.1 release
> are fixed in CVS.
>
> This means I'll be doing a bit more testing then doing
> a release over the 4th of July holiday (I'm English so
> I don't care :-).
>
> If anyone knows different, now is the time to scream....

Aaaarrgghhhh!  Well, maybe it isn't that bad.  :)

username map still has some problems with the homes share.  On the samba
server, there are two accounts, mgerdts and mgerdts2.  In the NT domain I
have mgerdts.  I want mgerdts to be mapped to mgerdts2.  This is only
partially happening.

When I do

   smbclient //samba/mgerdts -U DOMAIN/mgerdts

~mgerdts gets mapped.  I expected ~mgerdts2.  I have a world writable
directory, ~mgerdts/ww

   smb: \> cd ww
   smb: \ww\> put /etc/hosts hosts

~mgerdts/ww/hosts is owned by mgerdts2 and has the proper group ID.

When I

   smbclient //samba/mgerdts2 -U DOMAIN/mgerdts

I connect to ~mgerdts2 and am able to operate as unix user mgerdts2.

Level 10 debug available on request.
Mike