LSB compatible Samba ?

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Mon Jul 2 15:47:30 GMT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 10:29:15AM -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> > "RPM is the only supported packager format"
>
> Eeewww.  Yucky-poo.

<SOAPBOX ON>
Grrr. Deal with it ! You touched a raw nerve for me here.
Having gone through the UNIX wars of the 80's and 90's,
all the while watching Microsoft win as the UNIX vendors
waged bloody internecine wars I will *never* forgive the
people who refused to standardize on rpm and thus split
the application vendor base for Linux.

Yes it's technically inferior to apt-get and friends. It
just happens to be the standard packaging mechanism. It's
also GPL code. If you don't like it *FIX IT*, don't
whine....
</SOAPBOX OFF>

Sorry Chris :-). You really touched one of my hot
buttons :-) :-). Nothing personal... :-).

Jeremy.