tdb-files

Osama Abu-Aish osabmt00 at fht-esslingen.de
Sun Jul 1 23:49:16 GMT 2001

hello everybody,

while upgrading from 2.0.7 to 2.2.0 I often have to
switch between both versions. One problem in the whole
thing are the tdb databases used by 2.2.x not being
read-/ modifyable (i.e. secrets.tdb vs. MACHINE.mac).
Therefore I'm longing for the good old plaintext files which
are "compatible" to _any_ editor. All /etc/xxxx files being
plaintext is IMO one of the unvaluable advantages of unix
compared to windows and it's registry thing. With .tdb we
have a registry-like binary database which is a pain for
scripting, debugging, etc...

Is there any kind of tool to do the tdb <-> plaintext conversion
which would allow editing the .tdb files?

It's a kind of frightening that I'm in need for regedit.exe
on linux... :-O

Greetings, Osama

---
Fachhochschule für Technik Esslingen