2.2.1a and 2.2 cvs samba ldap patch

Shahms E. King shahms at shahms.com
Thu Jul 26 16:23:10 GMT 2001

I've recently managed to finish up a patch for 2.2 to use ldap for the
password backend.  I'd like to get some feedback on it and someone else
testing.  At the moment, I can't get win2k to become part of a domain,
although that might be caused by something else (or my own
incompetence), all the code I can see in the patch does what it should.

the configure checks aren't complete (it compiles with OpenLDAP 2.x only
for the moment, although in the future it may work with OpenLDAP 1.x,
and if I get time, the Netscape SDK).  It supports SSL/TLS using both
ldaps and Start TLS.  It will work unencrypted against LDAPv2 servers,
but I'm still fighting some SSL issues with v2.

Enjoy!

--Shahms