Best rpcclient code?

Tim Potter tpot at valinux.com
Thu Jul 26 22:31:40 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter writes:

> > So.... where is the best (as in it works) rpcclient code now?
> > HEAD? SAMBA_2_2?
>
> 2.2 is more stable.  There are some thins that Tim put into HEAD
> that I haven;t gotten around to merging into 2.2.  The TNG code
> has more RPC's implemented, but its code is more knarly.

I've basically been merging functions in as I have been needing
them for testing and/or winbind.  If you have any other favourite
commands that don't work let me know and I'll try to add them in
soon.

I've also got some funky ideas for cleaning up the completions
and command line argument stuff.  Basically we can move the
completions and command line parsing totally into (oddly enough)
the command line parsing code.  That way we don't need to muck
around with checking argc, argv all the time.

Tim.