sendfile patch?

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Thu Jul 26 11:53:41 GMT 2001

Hi Anton,

  We are playing with your version and it seems to work quite well. I was doing
sme throughput measurements yesterday and we have some funny behavior in that
with the MTU set at 8000 we get a performance boost from the patch but if we
put the MTU at 9014 the benefit disappears. I have put in some profiling code
and it looks like the actual readX reply takes about double the time to
execute. The time in sendfile does not change though so I suspect the logic
around the actual call. Maybe we can work together on this? I will be doing
this more or less fulltime next week.

Thanks,
Greg

On 26-Jul-01 Anton Blanchard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Is there a more recent sendfile patch for samba
>> then the one that was posted sometime back in
>> january?  I have done several web searches and they
>> all seem to point back to that one patch.  If there
>> is something newer that would be great.
>
> I did one a while ago and I think Jeremy did one also. If all goes
> according to plan I'll be doing some samba performance work
> next week so I might do a more complete patch then.
>
> Anton

Greg Dickie
just a guy
greg at discreet.com